Easy Limoncello Tiramisu Without Eggs (VIDEO)
Limoncello Tiramisu is a delicious tiramisu without eggs, prepared by adding Limoncello liqueur both in the syrup and in the mascarpone cream.
In addition to the classic version of coffee Tiramisu, there are numerous variations of Tiramisu. Some of them, such as Strawberry Tiramisu and Limoncello Tiramisu, have become real classics, loved worldwide.
👉🏻 NOTE: If you want to learn how to prepare Strawberry Tiramisu, watch this video tutorial Easy Strawberry Tiramisu.
What is Limocello Tiramisu
Limoncello Tiramisu is a delicious Italian spoon dessert. An alternative to the classic Italian tiramisu, which always enjoys indisputable success. In the Limoncello Tiramisu, the ladyfingers are dipped in Limoncello and then alternated with a soft lemon-flavored Mascarpone cream.
The peculiarity of this tiramisu also lies in the fact that the cream is prepared without eggs, and only with condensed milk and mascarpone cheese. This makes this recipe very fast and perfect for those who prefer not to eat raw eggs.
👉🏻 NOTE: When we talk about “Tiramisu without eggs”, we mean without eggs in the cream, but remember that there are eggs in Ladyfingers unless you buy ladyfingers without eggs.
Easy Limoncello Tiramisu Recipe Ingredients
- Mascarpone cheese – Let the mascarpone be at room temperature for 1 hour before using it, so you’ll be able to whip it more easily.
- Sweetened condensed milk – Use sweetened condensed milk, so you don’t need to add sugar to the mascarpone cream.
- Limoncello – Limoncello is a classic Italian liqueur with an unmistakable lemon flavor. Making Limoncello at home isn’t difficult, watch this video tutorial for the homemade Limoncello recipe to find out how it’s done. Otherwise, I suggest this Limoncello.
- Lemon – 1 organic lemon.
- Milk – Any type of cow milk is fine.
- Savoiardi Biscuits or Ladyfingers – In this recipe, I used the classic Italian Savoiardi for Tiramisu Matilde Vicenzi. You can also use homemade Savoiardi Ladyfingers, following this video tutorial.
- Lemon wedges and fresh mint leaves – These ingredients are optional and are for decoration. But if you prefer to decorate with other ingredients, that’s perfect anyway!
Tools You Will Need
In addition to the tools that we all already have in the kitchen, to make this Tiramisu al Limoncello recipe, I used (Affiliate links):
- Hand Mixer Electric
- Mixing bowl
- Elegant glass bowls Set or you can use Plastic cups for Tiramisu, Trifle, or Parfait
Limoncello Tiramisu Video
How to Make Limoncello Tiramisu
Making this Tiramisu is quick and easy. Follow these easy steps to make your restaurant-style Limoncello Tiramisu!
Lemon-flavor Mascarpone Cream. Prepare the mascarpone cream by whipping the mascarpone with the condensed milk. Then add 30 ml of Limoncello and mix well.
👉🏻 NOTE: The version I’m going to show you is the Tiramisu with mascarpone cream without eggs, but if you prefer a taste more similar to the classic Tiramisu, you can prepare the Tiramisu with pasteurized eggs or Classic Tiramisu. Just follow these video tutorials in the preparation of the cream. Once you have the cream ready, you can add the Limoncello and continue with the instructions for the composition of the layers of this recipe.
Assemble the Limoncello Tiramisu. Mix the milk with 160 ml of Limoncello and dip the Ladyfingers for 1 second on each side. Compose your Limoncello Tiramisu in cups for single portions, starting with a thin layer of Mascarpone cream and alternating layers of Ladyfingers dipped in cream milk, ending with the mascarpone cream.
Serve your Tiramisu. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for about 2 hours to allow the Tiramisu to harden a bit. Decorate with lemon wedges and fresh mint just before serving.
Limoncello Tiramisu Storage Instructions
You can store the eggless Limoncello Tiramisu for 1–2 days in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap, or in an airtight container. You can also keep it for 1–2 months in the freezer, but in this case, remember to defrost it in the fridge before serving.
Do You Like this Tiramisu recipe?
These are other Italian Dessert recipes you must try:
- No-bake Panettone Cassata Cake, Panettone with ricotta cream (VIDEO)
- Don’t miss out on these mouth-watering Italian Fried Castagnole with Custard (VIDEO)
- Unveiling the Secret of Fried Sweet Tagliatelle That Will Leave You Speechless (VIDEO)
Easy Limoncello Tiramisu Without Eggs
For Limoncello Mascarpone Cream
- 250 g Mascarpone cheese
- 150 g Sweetened condensed milk
- 30 ml Limoncello liqueur
- Zest of 1 organic lemon
For Limoncello Tiramisu
- 240 ml Milk
- 160 ml Limoncello
- 150 g Savoiardi Biscuits – Ladyfingers
- Lemon wedges and fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Prepare the mascarpone cream by whipping the mascarpone until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the condensed milk, a little at a time, while continuing to whip.
- Then add 30 ml of Limoncello and whip until smooth.
- Add the grated lemon zest and mix slowly from the bottom up. Set aside.
- Mix the milk with 160 ml of Limoncello and dip the Ladyfingers for 1 second on each side.
- Compose your Limoncello Tiramisu in cups for single portions, starting with a thin layer of Mascarpone cream and alternating layers of Ladyfingers dipped in Limoncello milk, ending with the mascarpone cream.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Make some draw with a toothpick and decorate with lemon wedges and fresh mint before serving.