Dairy-free Water Coffee Cream (VIDEO)
The water coffee cream is an easy-to-make dessert to prepare last minute at the end of a dinner with friends or for an afternoon break. It’s a delicious dairy-free dessert with all the flavor of coffee and the creaminess of a fluffy mousse.
What is Water Coffee Cream
The water-based coffee cream (or “Spuma di Caffè” in Italian) is a dairy-free recipe and a perfect match between a coffee and a dessert. To prepare the milk-free coffee cream, you need just a few minutes and only 3 ingredients: water, sugar, and instant coffee powder. With a final dusting of cocoa, a crumbled biscuit at the base, or chocolate chips as a final decoration, it will make you look great with minimal effort, both in terms of time and money!
Ingredients for the Diary-free Coffee Cream
Only 3 ingredients for this delicious coffee dessert:
- Water – Use some lukewarm water to dissolve the coffee, but the rest of the water needs to be very cold for a really thick, frothy, and creamy result.
- Coffee – For this recipe, you MUST use instant coffee powder (in Italy we often use NESCAFE Instant Coffee, even decaffeinated is fine. If you try to make this coffee cream with moka coffee or espresso coffee, you will be disappointed as the result will not be absolutely the same. If you want a stronger coffee flavor, add 30 g of instant coffee.
- Sugar – As for sugar, you can decrease or increase the amount as you like, depending on whether you prefer a more or less sweet cream. You can also replace the sugar with another granular sweetener of your choice: brown sugar, coconut sugar, etc. For those on a low-carb diet, I suggest opting for Erythritol Sweetener Granular.
Coffee Cream Without Milk Video Recipe
How to Make the Water Coffee Cream
Making this dairy-free cream is really easy. If you follow my instructions, you can’t go wrong; the important thing is to use cold water, but you don’t need ice.
Add 20 ml of warm water and instant coffee powder into a bowl and mix with a spoon. Take 140 ml cold water directly from the fridge or freezer and pour it into the bowl with the sugar. Immediately, whisk with an electric mixer until the mixture is fluffy and light. You will only need a few minutes to obtain a soft and smooth foam. You’ll realize it’s ready when there’s no liquid in the bottom. Pour the mousse into glasses and garnish with cocoa powder and a few coffee beans, or chocolate chips.
Your Spuma di Caffè is ready. Serve immediately!
Tools You Will Need
How to Store the Water-based Coffee Cream
The water-based coffee cream should be consumed immediately, otherwise it will disassemble.
Dairy-free Water Coffee Cream
- Electric hand mixer
- 4 Glass Dessert Bowls
- 160 ml water
- 20 g instant coffee powder
- 110 g granulated sugar
- Chocolate chips, cocoa powder, or coffee beans to garnish (optional)
- Put 140 ml of water in the fridge for 1 hour or in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Add 20 ml of lukewarm water and instant coffee powder into a bowl and mix with a spoon.
- Add the sugar and cold water and whisk with an electric hand mixer until smooth and fluffy and there's no liquid in the bottom.
- Pour into glasses and decorate with cocoa powder and a few coffee beans, or chocolate chips, if desired.
- Serve immediately!